The EB-5 visa, also known as the employment-based fifth preference category or the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program, was established in 1990 by the Immigration Act of 1990 and allows eligible Immigrant Investors to become lawful permanent residents (also known as «green card» holders) by investing a significant amount of money in the United States. Read below about E5 Investor visa to get investment immigration usa
How much is the Fees?
- Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur (Form I-526) (this fee is charged by USCIS)
- Form DS-260 is used to process immigrant visa applications (see Note below)
- Medical screening and vaccines are required (costs vary)
- Translations; photocopying fees; fees for collecting the documents you need for the immigrant visa application (such as passports, police certificates, birth certificates, and so on); and travel expenditures to the US Embassy or Consulate for your visa interview are examples of additional costs. Costs differ from one country to the next and from one case to the next.
Unless specifically requested, fees should not be paid to the NVC or at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you have your visa interview. The NVC will offer instructions on where and when to pay the required fees to applicants. Our Mexican friends, looking for immigration processes, do check abogados de inmigracion en houston tx. Payments should not be sent to the NVC’s Portsmouth, New Hampshire address.
- Form DS-260
- Two 2X2 photographs
- Civil Documents
- Financial Support
- Completed Medical Examination Forms
When the NVC determines that the file is complete and contains all of the needed documents, the applicant’s interview is scheduled. The applicant’s petition and the above-mentioned documents are then sent to the US Embassy or Consulate, where the applicant will be interviewed for a visa. Appointment emails, or letters (if no email address is available), will be sent to the applicant, attorney, and third-party agent, if appropriate, with the date and time of the applicant’s visa interview, as well as instructions, including how to arrange a medical examination.
To the interview, each applicant should have a valid passport, as well as any other papers not already supplied to the NVC. An interview with a consular officer will be conducted, and the consular officer will evaluate whether the applicant is eligible for an immigrant visa under US immigration law.
How long does it take?
Because employment-based immigrant investor visa cases are under numerically limited visa categories, they take longer. The duration of time varies from case to case and cannot be anticipated with any accuracy for particular cases. Some cases are delayed as a result of applicants who do not attentively follow guidelines. You can consult with your immigration law firms in houston to know more about the process in detail. After the consular officer interviews the applicant, some visa applications require additional administrative processing, which takes time.